Check the operative note to determine if the PA has actually assisted in the entire service. I have found that there are times that an NPP often assists in only specific portions of a surgical procedure. The NPP will be billed as AS instead of -80. Unfortunately, I can not remember where I saw the documentation for billing for BOTH assistants, but it is out there somewhere. Hopefully, another coder will hop on htis thread and helpo both of us out.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join