I was wondering if this scenario can be billed out...
Open heart surgery case
-Main surgeon bills out proper codes
-Assistant at surgery (other MD in the practice) bills for his assist portion -80 modifier
-Listed on the op report is 2ND Assist which is usually a PA.
My question is can i bill for 2 assistant surgeons???
Does anyone have documentation that supports this either way??
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join