HIPAA Compliance Training

Default HIPAA Compliance Training
    Medical Coding Books
    We are a new billing company and are in the process of implementing a compliance plan complete with a HIPAA Compliance Officer.

Does anyone know of good resources to obtain training? Are there online courses that are offered?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Errika Krause, CPC
    Spokane, WA
    Errika Jenkins, CPC
    [Medicare Risk Adjustment Learning Facilitator
    Humana Insurance Co
    ekrause1@humana.com
    509-262-4273

Quote Originally Posted by Errika Krause CPC View Post
    We are a new billing company and are in the process of implementing a compliance plan complete with a HIPAA Compliance Officer.

Does anyone know of good resources to obtain training? Are there online courses that are offered?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Errika Krause, CPC
    Spokane, WA
    This may sound like a no-brainer, but have you tried googling HIPAA Compliance Training? I got a ton of results...I can't tell you which one is best, though - I learned HIPAA by reading the law and the supplemental info from the OCR...Hope you find what you're looking for!

Yes I did google that's why I asked for advice : ) There are so many things out there. Thanks for the help!
    Errika Jenkins, CPC
    [Medicare Risk Adjustment Learning Facilitator
    Humana Insurance Co
    ekrause1@humana.com
    509-262-4273

Errika:

I have been looking at this site, have also spoken with them, and it seems to be adequate training.

http://www.hipaaacademy.net/

If you are interested in privacy, here is an excellent organization to hook up with:

https://www.privacyassociation.org/

Hope this helps.

Ellen

Thumbs up
    I use The HIPAA Academy and it's where bought study materials and tested for my CHP credential also. http://www.hipaaacademy.net/
    Susan M. Garrett, CPC, COC
    Past President El Paso Texas Chapter AAPC
    Past Member AAPCCA Board of Directors
    cell 915-204-8333

Default Affordable HIPAA Training
    Hello,

Medical Coding & Healthcare Compliance offers affordable HIPAA Training and testing. Visit www.CoderClass.com

Click on the HIPAA Training link for complete details. Education is provided via webinar and online testing. Certificates awarded to those attending and making a passing score on the post-test.

Hope this helps.
    Have a great day
    Joseph Newsome, CPC, CPCO, CPC-I, CEMC, HCS, HAS

P.S. I am teaching a Compliance Officer Boot Camp in Anaheim, CA June 6-8, 2011 Save $200 when you register by May 6. Payment Plan Available. Details at www.coderclass.com

7. Default
    No better place then the OIG web site.