Don't forget the old coding wisdom: "Just because insurance paid for something doesn't mean it's coded correctly."
You're right. You can only code a removal technique once per procedure, even if you used the snare to remove numerous polyps located in multiple locations, you can only code 45385 once. However - if you used the snare to remove a polyp in one location and then used the hot biopsy forceps to remove a polyp in another location, then you can code for the 2 separate techniques....45385 and 45384.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join