If the doctor gave the final diagnosis degenerative joint disease in the knee, I would code 715.96 alone because knee pain is actually the chief complaint 719.46. I don't think that I would use 715.36 unless the doctor specified that the degeneration was localized.
For the second question, if the doctor's diagnosis is "low back pain with spondylosis", I would code 724.2 as the primary and 721.3 as the secondary because category code 724 excludes spondylosis. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join