Does anyone know if you can bill a bone biopsy prior to the RF ablation of the tumor at the same site, same setting. For example, I have an RF ablation of a humeral head tumor and prior to the ablation, they did a CT guided needle biopsy of the tumor. I know the ablation code is 20982 (includes guidance), but should I also bill the 20225 (it doesn't bundle per CCI), and if so, would I bill the guidance with the biopsy portion?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join