You have posed a very good question! When we are providing teaching so the patient can learn to self inject, we charge for the nurse visit, but no injection code. If your clinical staff is not actually doing the push, I don't believe you can charge for it, even if you add a modifier. I can't say I blame the patient for not wanting to pay if he is doing the injection himself, but he should be billed for staff's time. Good luck & I hope this helps some.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join