99232 for medical decision making requires 2 of the 3: three problem points, Data reviewed 3 points and moderate risk. The diagnoses the physician provided look like they are within the history: 251.2 hypoglycemia and 780.39 recurrent seizures. There is a review of systems (2-9) and the history would meet EPF history. He does specifically state hypoglycemia, uncontrolled for an established problem worsening for 2 points with additional point for recurrent seizures. But the lab values he describes are probably relying the answer to whether it is improving, worsening, or uncontrolled. The data reviewed I didn't know if this was just lab reviewed 1 point or second interpretation 2 points. Regarding the risk, I saw IV fluids w/ additives might meet what he is describing. You could review with the physician for future encounters about the need for documentation of the exam that was performed with possibly an impression or diagnosis section with indication of the status of those conditions. I have also seen a subsequent IP encounters documented that does not follow a format as close as it should to meet the level suggested.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join