My experience has always been that travel encounters are primarily counseling visits on disease and/or injury prevention in addition to the necessary vaccines and prophylactic medication is sometimes given.
Based on this, I would recommend you report V65.49 (other specified counseling). If prophylactic medication was given, I would also report V07.8 (other specified prophylactic or treatment measure). You would also report the V codes for any vaccines given.
Hope this helps and this is my opinion
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join