I would agree with 39400 but then it leads me to another question...it states that the lymph nodes were resected could you use add on code 38746 even though it was done with the incision being made for the mediastinoscopy and not through a sternotomy? Although the code is listed in CPT as radical resection in the coding companion it lists it as thoracic lymphadenectomy. I hate to answer a question with another question but maybe someone else could correctly address this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join