As far as I know there is not any official source that tells us about billing for failed/attempted procedures. Most cardio consultants will tell you you can either bill for what was actually done ( vessel stick etc) and bill for only that or reduce it down. Its a call you have to make based on how much work was done. Modifier 52 is reduced and patient is stable, 53 is you are saying procedure was stopped because patient became unstable. Oh and I forgot to say it may be a matter of opinion!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join