Hello all, I hope someone can clarify this for me.
I have an operative report for a carpal tunnel release with a bier block. The procedure description does not state if the physician or an anesthesiologist administered the bier block.
I found this article http://www.supercoder.com/articles/a...locks-purpose/ that discusses this to an extent.
So what I was wanting to know is
- If the physician did indeed administer the bier block, would I add modifier 47 to the 64721 code for the carpal tunnel release in addition to the 01810 code for the anesthesia?
- How do I determine who administered the anesthesia if the procedure does not specifically state?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join