The DaVinci robot is simply a different tool for accomplishing a laparoscopic procedure. At this time there is no additional reimbursement for the physician using that tool. You simply code the same as you would if the physician was doing a standard laparoscopic procedure. Some physicians have wanted coders to use a 22 modifier because it takes more time to do the procedure while they are learning how to use it. Can't do that...insurance carriers do not pay additional on procedures because the physician is learning how to use a tool.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join