Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

medassurant (remote coding)

Default applying with medassurant
    Medical Coding Books
    Quote Originally Posted by nwcpc-cpc-p View Post
    I have been working for MedAssurant since June 9, 2008. So far the work has been steady and I have been getting 40 hours per week. I had another full-time job but it became too much for me to handle so I let it go. With cost of gas and childcare, MedAssurant was the best choice for me. Yes you can make a living working for MedAssurant alone. I have gotten 2 paychecks so far and I am pleased. To start out you would be doing reviews, once you have a 5% or less error rate you will begin doing over-reads. My error rate was 0%, which is why I moved to over-reads so quickly. But I must tell you, over-reads are not as nice as the initial reviews. My error rate sky-rocketed once I started doing over-reads and over-reads take much, much longer to complete. I may be in a 7 page chart for 30 minutes or more, but I guess thats because over-reading is new to me and I will eventually pick up speed after a while. I think they offer everyone the same thing, their pay is not based on the cost of living. They have a set amount.
    After applying with medassurant, how long does it usually take for a response from them?

2. Default
    I received a response the next day.

3. Question Med assurant
    I sent in my application and resume for them, but still haven't received a response. Does anyone know what their turn around time normally is?

Thanks!

I applied and received a call within 3 hours, but I guess it varies.

Question medassurant's response time
    Quote Originally Posted by browbotham View Post
    I sent in my application and resume for them, but still haven't received a response. Does anyone know what their turn around time normally is?

Thanks!
    I haven't heard a response either! Maybe I'm not qualified enought. I emailed them to see what the qualifications was, but no reply yet.

Question Qualifications
    Quote Originally Posted by nwcpc-cpc-p View Post
    I received a response the next day.
    Do you know what their qualifications are? I have work experience, but I don't know if it is what they are looking for.

Thanks!

7. Default
    I copied this off of their website:

Per MedAssurant, Inc. The requirements for a remote coder are as follows:

Job Requirements:

Medical Record Coder (CPC or comparable);
    Clinical experience; prefer experience in performing chart reviews;
    Ability to manage and meet deadlines;
    Computer literate;
    Detail oriented;
    Professionally skilled in verbal and written communication; and
    Must have high speed internet access.

(MedAssurant, Inc., 2008)

8. Default
    I could be wrong but when I was hired by MedAssurant they wanted to make sure I had a CPC and not a CPC-A. They may not hire CPC-A. I hope this helps but like I mentioned I'm guessing on that from the questions I was asked in the hiring process.

9. Default
    I currently work for medassurant and I love it.....i can pretty much work when I want to and the pay is good too. And I don't have to pay for gas to work anymore that is a big plus. They do not offer benefits to remote coders at this time but I still love it. They sent me a laptop to work from and the job is not all that difficult.

Question Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bethp99 View Post
    I currently work for medassurant and I love it.....i can pretty much work when I want to and the pay is good too. And I don't have to pay for gas to work anymore that is a big plus. They do not offer benefits to remote coders at this time but I still love it. They sent me a laptop to work from and the job is not all that difficult.
    Beth,
    Is it true you have to have the A removed from the CPC before they will hire you? I am having a hard time trying to get a job even for the simpliest one such as a receptionist or clerical position. I feel like I wasted two years of my life going to school to get training for a career that I can't even get into. Do you know of any other websites or companies I can check into, even for billing services? I would really appreciate it so much. Thank you!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast