I need to inquire about ultrasounds that are done in an office. Is it okay to not bill a procedure until the report comes back? For example, the doctor orders an Echocardiogram for a. fib. or shortness of breath, but those are not "payable dx codes", is it ok to hold those and bill after the report comes back, if the report does infact show a payable diagnosis, such as Mitral Regurgitation?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join