Hi, I'm currently prepping for the CPC and hope that I can find a way into the field of coding w/that, but sort of wondered what everyone's thoughts on coding being outsourced were? I was considering going into transcription initially, however after doing some research felt that b/w outsourcing & new technology, the field was dying more so than coding. But I don't know, I have heard stories of coding being outsourced as well - this is such discouraging information & being that the other two fields of graphics & customer service that I have education and experience in have also been hugely affected (thus me going into coding), I'm a definitely paranoid. Where are the incentives for companies to keep work here in America??
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join