I am getting denials for surgeries, mostly colonoscopies where I have used the base procedure ie: 45384 with no modifier then 45385 with modifier 59, but the commercial carriers are denying them stating "multiple surgical procedures with same date of service must be billed with modfier 51"
It is my understanding if we use a 59 we do not need the 51 modifier along with it. Is that incorrect?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join