We are an oncology speciality group in a facility that is questioning whether we can bill for the review of the pathology report during the global period after surgery. Our physicians spend a lengthy amount of time explaining the results of their surgery to the patient and thoroughly going through what the pathology shows, whether their result is malignant or benign. Our physicians believe we should be able to bill for this visit after surgery by utilizing the modifier 24 and using the diagnosis of V65.49 (other counseling).
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join