We are an oncology speciality group in a facility that is questioning whether we can bill for the review of the pathology report during the global period after surgery. Our physicians spend a lengthy amount of time explaining the results of their surgery to the patient and thoroughly going through what the pathology shows, whether their result is malignant or benign. Our physicians believe we should be able to bill for this visit after surgery by utilizing the modifier 24 and using the diagnosis of V65.49 (other counseling).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join