There is not enough information to code â€śhealthcare associated pneumoniaâ€ť to the highest specificity. From that descriptor we do not know what the cause is. Some patients with HCAP have high rates of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, while nursing home residents have high rates of colonization with MRSA. It is best to get the microbiology report in order to code to the highest level of specificity. Look at ICD-9 CM category 482.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join