In the ICD-9 there are several pre op codes. If, for example, a pt. is coming in for and EKG for pre op the use of V72.81 is used. But if that patient is coming in (through the OP area) for and EKG and LAB work at the same time, all for pre op are we able to use the V72.81 and the V72.63 together? We have been using just the V72.84 but it makes more sense to use the two codes to some of us. What are the thoughts here. Any help or advice would be great! Thank you!!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join