In the ICD-9 there are several pre op codes. If, for example, a pt. is coming in for and EKG for pre op the use of V72.81 is used. But if that patient is coming in (through the OP area) for and EKG and LAB work at the same time, all for pre op are we able to use the V72.81 and the V72.63 together? We have been using just the V72.84 but it makes more sense to use the two codes to some of us. What are the thoughts here. Any help or advice would be great! Thank you!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join