I have some limited experience with EHRs as I do not work in them much, but occasionally audit E&M records. I believe (depending on the system) there is a way to amend a record if necessary. In our system, the billing will not take place when there is a crosswalk error or an LCD/NCD issue. That is when the AR Manager flags me to review the documentation. Our providers may choose to type in their own notes or not, and we can set up templates that are specific to whatever specialty we need. We are actually looking at doing that right now for one of our General Surgeons for his office visits that result in EGDs. One issue is making sure the provider does not get into a "habit" of just clicking all the same information for the same OV before a certain procedure; each visit must be specific to that patient.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join