Pfsh - Can you tell me

Default Pfsh - Can you tell me
    Medical Coding Books
    Can you tell me if we can allow the wording for Non contributory for PFSH when we are trying to determine the appropriate level? I had read that this is not really accurate information to allow credit for because it's not clear in the documentation whether you asked about PFSH or if you just thought it didn't contribute to the present condition.

Quote Originally Posted by lpyrtle View Post
    Can you tell me if we can allow the wording for Non contributory for PFSH when we are trying to determine the appropriate level? I had read that this is not really accurate information to allow credit for because it's not clear in the documentation whether you asked about PFSH or if you just thought it didn't contribute to the present condition.
    I attended a Webinar just recently by Highmark Medicare Services and this question was asked repeatedly. The answer is that the statement non-contributory could be used only for the Family History and that it would be acceptable. I don't know who your Medicare carrier is, but you may want to just verify this with them - but Highmard does accept Non-contributory!

Hope this helps!
    Jodi Dibble, CPC

3. Default
    WPS does NOT accept "non-contributory" under Family and/or Social history. Make sure you check with your specific Medicare carrier if it is not HighMark or WPS.

Lisi, CPC

The medicare carrier is Cahaba GBA.

Similar Threads

1. Pfsh - New outpatient office visit
    By soprano in forum E/M
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 04:44 PM
  2. pfsh help
    By alices in forum Emergency Department
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 09:00 PM
  3. PFSh