The reported coded should be 46922 only. Since there is a single papilla and 46220 covers it which itself is a separate procedure. It will be not reported. 46221 is correct for Ligation of internal hemorrhoid. The documentation says" also ligate an associated internal hemorrhoid".If multiple internal hemorohids were present , then 46945 would have been correct. Look at the cdr of 46221 : "The physician performs hemorrhoidectomy by ligation of an internal hemorrhoid. The physician identifies the internal hemorrhoid. The hemorrhoid is ligated at its base usually with a rubber band. The hemorrhoid tissue is allowed to slough over time." The final codes should be 46922 and 46221.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join