Stent placement in the conext of treatment of an aneurysm via embolization is included in the embolization charges (61624/75894). The only time I would code for stent placement seperately in addition to an intracranial embolization if it was to treat a seperate area of stenosis greater than 50%. And if this was the case, you have to be a part of a Class B IDE study, and then I would use 37799.
The key to remember is that you should only charge for an intracranial stent placement seperately when it is being used to treat atheresclerosis greater than 50%. When used to assist during a coiling, just code 61624/75894.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join