Thread: Covering Doc

Default Covering Doc

Promo: Code Books
    Help, Please! Wondering if someone could tell me the correct way to bill when my surgeon is covering for another doc. Ex: Dr. Doe performed a Colectomy on Jane S. - Pt. is an inpt - Dr. Doe goes on Vaca and two days later my surgeon sees jane s. in the hosp. to check on her. Can he bill the visit, and if so what would be the correct code?

Also, Just wondering on Excision of mass/lesion - do you wait for the path.report to come back before billing?

Thanks - Cricket

We usually wait for a path report before billing an excision of a mass/lesion. If you are looking in the integ series of codes it would make a difference between benign and malignant.

I am not sure about the other question - ae the physicians in the same group?

Monika

Similar Threads

1. Ob patient delivered by covering doc
    By mconnolly in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM
  2. Modifier for covering doc
    By MnTwins29 in forum Modifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 07:27 AM
  3. modifier for covering doc??
    By adccouch in forum Modifiers