Help, Please! Wondering if someone could tell me the correct way to bill when my surgeon is covering for another doc. Ex: Dr. Doe performed a Colectomy on Jane S. - Pt. is an inpt - Dr. Doe goes on Vaca and two days later my surgeon sees jane s. in the hosp. to check on her. Can he bill the visit, and if so what would be the correct code?
Also, Just wondering on Excision of mass/lesion - do you wait for the path.report to come back before billing?
Thanks - Cricket
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join