Code 19328 and code 19357 are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. A modifier is allowed to override this relationship.
Modifier 59 is placed on both codes? Shouldn't it only be on the column 2 code 19327-59. You are right you would need a modifier to support seperate session, seperate site, bilateral. If he is doing in the same anatomical site than they would be inclusive and only pay the 19328.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join