We have a patient where the doctor, per the operative report, removed a penile cyst and it was sent to pathology. The doctor's manager who enters charges, wants to bill CPT 11422 which is the excision of a benign lesion 1.1 to 2.0 cm. The pathology report does show the tissue measured 2.1 x 0.3 x 0.2. Is this correct code for cyst excision?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join