Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

getting my foot in the door

1. Default getting my foot in the door
    Exam Training Packages
    I was just certified in March as a CPC-A. I am very excited about the prospect of working as a coder and I am trying hard to find a job. Any suggestions? clwendorf@hotmail.com
    Please reference CPC-A

2. Default Also, getting my foot in the door.
    I became a CPC-A in December 2010 and have been looking constantly since then with no luck so far. I am having trouble getting past the no experience thing.

Default I hear ya.....
    I just took the CPC exam today and talk about an intense test. I hope that I passed. I am worried that I won't be able to find a job in coding either. They all want experience and I wonder how we are going to get experience when alot of the jobs want at least 2 years experience.....

4. Default That's not good
    I am not certified yet, but am looking at exam questions to study for the CPC cert. I have been looking at job postings too and see that they all require at least 3 years of experience, so when my time comes I will just keep applying. Somebody out there should get the fact that not all coders can have that much experience, and some of us with a certification are willing and able to learn. What helped you in studying for the certification???

Good luck and keep going..

Charlotte

I started out as a biller and when i got certified i was promoted to the coding dept. My suggest for taking the exam is go to a review class they teach you how to eliminate codes which will speed up the time, dont leave any blank.. Good Luck.

6. Default Foot in door
    I passed in December and can't find any type of job in a Medical office. Everyone wants previous experience in the medical field.

7. Default getting my foot in the door
    Quote Originally Posted by zanalee View Post
    I started out as a biller and when i got certified i was promoted to the coding dept. My suggest for taking the exam is go to a review class they teach you how to eliminate codes which will speed up the time, dont leave any blank.. Good Luck.
    How did you find a review class in your area? I will be taking the exam in June.

on the top right, type in review class in the search box it will ask you for your location, Good Luck..

9. Default
    I know right. I don't know how they expect you to have experience when no one even gives you the chance. All I have is education experience. I'll call AAPC tomorrow since it's after 5 to see if I can take the review classes, to see if that's enough to take the state exam. I want to get both this exam and my Pharmacy Technician State exam done.

10. Default trying
    I was certified about a year ago. I talked w/a wonderful lady that was over the coding dept of a local nationwide hospital. She advised me that the best way to get your foot in the door, the way she did it, she took a reception job, kept her certification up, and after a few years, came across the opportunity to put her coding skills to work. I know it sounds like a long process, but it beats not having your "foot in the door" at all. I've been working in medical reception approx. 5 mnths now. Little aggravating to not be able to use my coding knowledge, but I am gaining valuable medical experience, which seems to be really hard to come by. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast