When TLH is done, the uterosacral pelvic ligament suturing as support to avoid vault prolapse in later date, is a component of the major procedure. It would be a necessary/mandatory procedure for the major procedure.
As for my openion, I would not unbundle this suturing of the uterosacral ligament from TLH.
If the doctor documents that (s)he had to perform some more work away from the normal steps involving more work /time, then it could be appended with Mod-22.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join