97597 is billed for the first 20sq cm or less. Do not use a location modifier as it is per session/total wound area. I find Medicare pays it at $55.47. Keep in mind that if the patient is in a skilled nursing facilty under Medicare even though the patient is seen in office you will need to bill the facility not Medicare. If other services such as nail debridment was performed during the same session you can also bill for those services as well. The APMA coding resource web page is very helpful in which code would be billed as line one vs line two items. Hope this information is helpful to you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join