The Modifer PT denotes a prevenative service that was converted to diagnostic. Here's the MLN article: http://www.cms.gov/MLNMattersArticle...ads/MM7012.pdf
We've only been appending modifier 33 to carriers that have uploaded the modifier to their systems. I imagine most carriers won't update their systems until the end of this year or beginning of next year.
Edit: Also, most are probably already aware of this, but PT is for Medicare and 33 is for commercial insurances.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join