AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Assigning 92950 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation

Default Assigning 92950 Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation

AAPC: Back to School
    I've been told both ways on this so I'll ask the forum: If a patient arrives to the ED with CPR in progress, can I bill 92950 for the ED physician or does there need to be documentation of the chart stating the ED physician actually performed or directed the CPR?

There should be documentation that the ED physician continued the CPR procedure once the patient arrived to the ED.

Default Cpr

since cpr isnt included in critical care but I would believe documentation would have to support the code.
    Last edited by dabroussard; 05-08-2011 at 09:07 AM.

From the ACEP website:

FAQ 9. What are the documentation requirements for CPR?

There are no specifically defined documentation criteria for reporting CPR listed in CPT. Providers should be aware of the need to demonstrate medical necessity and the services provided. A procedure note stating that CPR was performed part of a hospital wide uniform “code sheet.”

Similar Threads

1. Assigning DX Codes
    By MT in forum Auditing General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 07:11 AM
  2. criteria for assigning a dx of HTN
    By maudys in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 08:36 PM
  3. Assigning OV levels
    By koneal in forum E/M
    Replies: 2