AAPC - Back to school

Thread: EGD with unclogging of Peg Tube

Default EGD with unclogging of Peg Tube

AAPC: Back to School
    Hey all,

I'll type out the op notes but I was wondering if anyone knows how to code this as I'm a little lost:

EHD scope was used to enter the mouth then into the espohagus. The scope advanced into the gastric remnant. The PEG mushroom was noted in the distal gastric remant from which a peg tube was extending into the duodenum. The scope was advanced the to tip of the tube and multiple flushings from the tube were performed. This resulted in an expulsion of pill palate. A guide wire was used to clean the lumen of the tube and multiple flushes afterwards resulted in complete patent tube. The scope was retrieved and the tube remained in position.

I shortened this a little as these docs can be a little wordy, but has anyone seen a procedure like this and know how to code it? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by blathrop19@gmail.com; 05-10-2011 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Apparently I can't type.

Thanks surgonc, that'll work with the EGD.

Similar Threads

1. EGD Peg-J tube placement under fluoroscopic
    By SPECIALTYCODING in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2016, 03:27 PM
  2. Unclogging Nasogastric tube
    By whittyamy in forum Interventional Radiology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 09:33 AM
  3. EGD Dilation with PEG Tube Change
    By crumes in forum Gastroenterology
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 02:27 PM
  4. EGD through gastrostomy after PEG tube removal??
    By rlmiller in forum Gastroenterology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 09:12 AM
  5. EGD with PEG tube placement
    By Natesmary in forum Gastroenterology
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM