Our physicians sometimes don't do a pancreatogram either. Typically, they're visuallizing the common bile duct to remove stones and therefore, only inject in the CBD. We don't append a modifier. However, if the doctor intended to visuallize the pancreatic duct and had problems, you would append a modifier 52.
If you're subscribed to Coding Alert, they address this in their 2008 Vol 10 No 4 issue.
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join