a person is born with a kneecap (patella) positioned higher in the front of the knee than the average. It can predispose to dislocation, subluxation of the patella. Once dislocated , it can become a habitual dislocation. Usually they are athletes who present wih this to occur.
The bottom line : It is a congenital deformity of the knee (patella)condition, may not present any eary symptom.
So the suggested ones are :755.64.
If associated with dislocation/or and reucrrent (habitual)- 718.66.
718.26 can be thought of only if aquired and not congenital condition. But this condition with this specific name of Patella Alta is a congenital-being present from birth.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join