AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Electronic Coding Assistance

Default Electronic Coding Assistance

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi All -
    I know there are many different versions of software out there to assist with coding. Can anyone share their positive/negative experiences with the tools they are currently using? Which vendor are you using, and would you recommend the program?

I am researching for use with a large hospital physician group, and am interested in a coder's perspective of computer assisted coding.

thanks so much!

EncoderPRO!! by Ingenix

Milwaukee WI

Default Encoder Pro

I second surgonc87. Love EncoderPro by Ingenix. When you order, though, be sure you understand which version you are getting. Some have more bells and whistles. For my purposes the professional edition works well.

Also, if you are a large practice, you can subscribe to an on-line version and have multiple users (vs. buying the disks which you have to load onto your computer youself and cannot be shared among various users).

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC,CEMC

Columbia, MO

I like code Correct, It too has different versions and they separate physician version from hospital version so that depending on your position your get the correct set of CCI edits. LOVE this service!

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

I use Lytec, simple and acurate

We use the 3M system. Lots of bells and whistles which are great for researcch, but you have to watch where it takes you on CPT codes, because just one wrong click and you end up with the wrong code. You still have to be smart enough to know if something just doesn't look right!

Los Alamitos CA

encoder pro has cci edits, global periods, linkage and description of the code. Most of the hospital coders i know use 3M.