If the CT was only of the TM joints, you'll have to use the unlisted 76497. If it was of the full maxillofacial area, focusing on the TM joints, you'd use one of the following based upon whether contrast was used, and if so, when the contrast was administered during the exam: 70486, 70487 or 70488.
Personally, I'd get ahold of the order and the report and review both of those prior to any code selection.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join