Code each excision separately. You wouldn't code them as one - "lumped all together" - unless the surgeon excised just one piece of skin that encompassed/included ALL the multiple lesions. In the cpt book under the "Excision - benign lesions" header it states "Report separately each benign lesion excised."
There are some 'destruction' codes that include multiples like '15 or more' under one code. Was the physician's office referring to those?
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join