AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Behavioral Health Coding - I am new to this arena

Default Behavioral Health Coding - I am new to this arena

AAPC: Back to School
    I am new to this arena and need to know where I can find a good resource for coding professional psychiatric E/M for outpatient visits such as medication management, partial hospitalization, inpatient, consults in the ED, etc. Do you utilize the 1997 E/M guidelines for this specialty coding.

Thanks for any guidance and resource info anyone can share!

Iowa City, IA

I have found some good info with cross country education. they go everywhere so not sure where you are located but they usually provide good info. good luck. Finding info for this field is hard

Audio Educator has mental health specific information that you might find useful. They have a male speaker, Quinn Buechner (I think that's how you spell his name) that I've listened to.

Similar Threads

1. Behavioral Health Dx Coding
    By kayoverbeyxx in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2015, 09:45 AM
  2. behavioral health coding
    By cestubbs in forum Behavioral Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
  3. Behavioral Health Coding - My office has asked me
    By heatherwinters in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 4