Magna Cum Laude?

1. Default Magna Cum Laude?
    Exam Training Packages
    Hi, All. Just wondering what it takes to become CPT Magna Cum Laude?

Let me explain. I was recently looking throught the magazine "AAPC Coding edge" and where it lists the newly credentialed members, it also lists the "Magna Cum Laude."

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.

Magna Cum Laude means that an examinee passed their exam with a 90% or higher. They are recognized in the Coding Edge for having done this.

Thank you,

Lindsey Archibald
    AAPC

I guess I'm behind the times. I just noticed it for the first time today. Thank you for having an answer here already

I realize this is an old thread, but can anyone confirm that this is still the case - 90% for Magna Cum Laude? Thanks!

It was still the case in 2013 when I tested.

Thanks, trefeneils!

7. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by JWood69 View Post
    I realize this is an old thread, but can anyone confirm that this is still the case - 90% for Magna Cum Laude? Thanks!
    Yes - I just tested in Oct 2015 and it is still at 90% or higher

8. Default
    what is the distinction between cum laude vs. magna cum laude

9. Default
    Is there a way to check if you were awarded this distinction? I got over a 90 on my CPC exam in May 2017 but never knew about this.

*NM, found it in July issue! Cool
    Last edited by sjasontaylor77; 12-31-2017 at 05:07 AM.