Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mckesson?

Medical Coding Books
    thanks for the info, im just looking remotely at home..as a second income..

Default McKesson - remote medical coder
    Don't be discouraged if you haven't heard back from them yet. I submitted my application to McKesson at the beginning of April. After speaking with McKesson (4x total) I was offered the position on May 13th. My official starting date is May 31st... So try to be patient. It took longer than I expected, but I was ecstatic when I finally got the job!

Christin

3. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by cyalden View Post
    Don't be discouraged if you haven't heard back from them yet. I submitted my application to McKesson at the beginning of April. After speaking with McKesson (4x total) I was offered the position on May 13th. My official starting date is May 31st... So try to be patient. It took longer than I expected, but I was ecstatic when I finally got the job!

Christin
    I sent you a private message

Question Test?
    Hey Zanalee and Kimberly-

Did either one of you have to take a coding test yet? I didn't, although they told me the first 3 months will be intensive training and testing! Just curious.

Also, is there anybody else out there that is recently hired as a remote coder for McKesson?

Christin

5. Default
    Hi,

I just had my 1st (hopefully) phone interview with McKesson & was told about the 3 months of intensive training & testing if I was hired. Can any of you who've gone through this process fill me in on a few things? First, was all of that training just for their software system, or was it coding related? I can't imagine a software system taking that long to learn. If it IS coding related, I thought they'd expect you to be proficient already, since they want several years experience to begin with.

Also, is this test taken before or after the training? I just can't figure out why they would hire someone then test them afterwards. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

6. Smile McKesson
    Just wanted to know if you every got the job at McKesson? I am currently going through the hiring process right now. Getting a background check and drug test that sort of thing. I also am going to be working from home out of Lewiston Maine coding cardiology. I'm a bit nervous about the testing but I do have a lot of experience with cardiology so I should be okay. Just wanted to see if anyone knew how the testing process works. They told me some and I am so excited but just trying to get a feel for what to expect. Thanks.

i did get the job, but i turned it down cause it conflicts with my primary job, they wanted 3 months training during the day time which was impossible for me, they are a very good company i have met some people who works for them and are very happy. They also sent me equipments which i had to send back. I am still receiving posting for Mckesson so i guess they are still hiring..
    i was told about the proctor test too, but friends that are working there havent taken that test and is an internal test with credentials which only their company recognizes..

8. Default
    I am about to have another interview with this company. McKesson is a very good company but what's with the intensive training? Do you have to work a regular 9 to 5 day everyday? I have a lot of questions to ask for this next interview but I was hoping to get some insider information! I have been an Independent Contractor for years and this job sounds so good with all the benefits but I'm nervous since I am so used to making my own hours. I hope the remote coders can be flexible here.

9. Default Encoder
    I was told that their coding was by the book not an encoder? Does anyone have any updates? Has anyone taken their internal certification? I was extended an offer but still have these questions that need to be answered before I can accept/deny.

10. Default
    I will be having an interview with McKesson on Friday for one of their Senior A/R Rep positions. I am currently working towards my CPC, and eventually would love to be a remote coder for them since they are an extremely successful company. In the meantime, A/R is what I love and have been trained to do for nearly 7 years now.

I was told by my recruiter that it would be an hour long interview. What could we possibly have to talk about for an hour?! Hearing that made me a bit nervous, and I was wondering if anyone here had interviewed with McKesson before for a position other than coding. If so, could you elaborate on what the interview entails? Any help is appreciated!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast