It's good to read everyones thoughts about this; hours are spent dealing with these issues with patients, surgeons and payers. Can anyone tell me where to find (from CMS or the AMA) documentation that delineates their guidelines for "screeening" versus "surveillance" colonoscopies, if they have any such documentation? CMS in the past still used the "screening" codes ("G" codes) for both but split it into no-risk screening (for no history) and high-risk screening (for personal history of polyps of fam hx of colon cancer).
There is a lot of information available relating to 'screening' versus 'diagnostic or therapeutic' but is their anything specifically addressing "screening' versus 'surveillance'?
Thank you for the help.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join