They paid for 99232 on the day of surgery because the modifier is there... Global days start the day prior to surgery. When was the actual decision for surgery made? My "guess" is 6/20 when your doc admitted for medical stabilization, knowing surgery would be performed after the patient was stabilized. I don't think I would have reported the 99232-57 on 6/21; just the admit w/-57 on 6/20 and surgery 6/21. Then again, I don't know the full details.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join