I'll give an opinion....
I often wonder why was there a need to conduct a comprehensive exam when the MDM results as straightforward. Without knowing the contents of the record and solely based on what you provided, I would drop it to a 99213. I know you've met the 2 required components (detailed hx and comp exam) but the MDM just doesn't seem to support a 99214. You may want to post the scrubbed note so we can bet a better picture of the encounter.
Just my 2 cents....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join