I actually would say it is a detailed exam. Per 97guidelines you have 12 bullets, you are correct by giving 1 for each extremity that was examined. If you use 95 then it will depend on your interpretation of detailed vs. expended problem focused. Some carriers consider examination of 2-4 body areas/organ systems an EPF exam and 5-7 a detailed exam. Others consider 2-7 body areas/organ systems for both EPF and Detailed, so it becomes rather subjective how to interpret EPF vs. Detailed exam. Yet Iâ€™d still say it is a detailed exam.
Sofia Delmas, MS, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join