coding books on destop

Default coding books on desktop
    Medical Coding Books
    Does anyone know how to go about getting CPT and ICD-9 books on the computer?
    K-CPC

i did a search and a few websites came up. i don't know how accurate they are and would double check w/ the actual books anyway. but it there are some websites that state that they are up to date.

ingenix is a good place to get you cpt and icd9 books and any other books you need.

EncoderPro.com is an excellent resource. It has CPT, HCPCS, ICD and does so much more. It puts the definition of the procedures in laymans terms if you need it as well. It's pricey but worth it if you can get your employer to purchase it.

I agree..Encoder Pro is a GREAT resource and worth the extra money for the PCT assistant too. All of the books are under one program. I also recommend their online version rather than the hardcopy disc as with the disc you have to do your own updates which can be time consuming. The online version is up to date.

I love 3M! But no longer have it. It had all the bells and whistles! including Desk reference, CPT book - HCPC's - ICD-9 book style and quick coding - CPT Assistant - Merck - everything, I can't even remember now!
    Now I'm using Quantim - it took a little getting used to - it's ok, has some extras but not much. My supervisor is looking into getting 3M for us - hopefully soon!
    Donna, CPC, CPC-H