This is straight from AAPC so see if you have the following info correct:
Removal of Apprentice Status
CPC-As often think they've fulfilled the requirements to remove their apprentice status, only to find out they haven't. Here are the top four reasons letters of recommendation are rejected:
1. The letter is not on letterhead.
2. There is no signature on the letter.
3. The dates of work experience or reference to coding are unclear.
4. Classroom instruction hours are unclear (the letter must state the specific number of hours).
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join