I've heard of doctors doing code 43845 in two steps this one includes the partial gastrectomy, and biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch. (also called BPD) Which is covered by Medicare.
Also code 43644 doesn't include sleeve gastrectomy. The stomach is not excised in the Roux-en Y surgery.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the procedures being done, but if not maybe clarify with your surgeon.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join