I know there are some docs out there who do their own coding....but that doesn't mean it is done correctly, they dont neccessarily know what is included in the code or how it is supposed to be used. If I had a nickel everytime one of my docs says he did a rotator cuff reconstruction,(2 sutures one tendon, repair) I would be retired.
Their are thouands and thousands of coders out there......so that makes me kind of think it is our job. It is very helpful to be able to talk with your doc and work out a code, I would say we all need each other.
I would suggest to your fellow coder, she is going to talk herself out of a job.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join