AAPC - Back to school

Thread: 3-D Image Post-Processing Confusion

Question 3-D Image Post-Processing Confusion

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello, I am a Radiology Coder for a Radiology Practice, I would like to know if MIP, SSD and VR are the same as 3-D rendering. I usually see these in MRI's and MRA's as well as CTA's. HELP!!!!! please clarify. Also for example, pt has a MRA but the report says MIP post processing but does not mention 3-D do i down code or consider the MIP as the 3-D and code it a MRA again im confused. Thanks
    Last edited by pacosta1; 05-18-2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: add more information

MIP, SSD and VR are the same as 3-D rendering.

So then would it be ok to code a report the same way as a 3-D if it says only MIP, VR or SSD. Can the report say one or the other or does it have to say both MIP as well as 3-D post-processing. And if so is there any documentation or articles that mention this. Thanks : )
    Last edited by pacosta1; 05-19-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: add more info

Ok, so now that is clarified for me is there any reading material or webites that i can refer to that agrees that 3-D can be reported if it states MIP only in the report. I would need this for clarification for our DR's. Thanks

Similar Threads

1. Exostosis confusion and podiatry coding confusion
    By nsteinhauser in forum Podiatry
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-17-2014, 09:32 AM
  2. Specimen did not survive processing
    By kamper420 in forum Pathology & Clinical Laboratory
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 11:39 PM
  3. Radiology question - "post image processing"??? -
    By hpierce in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 3