We just got an EOB from my husband's Medicare statement from the same scenerio. He went to the physician office to have just lab work drawn, they sent specimen to an outside lab. The EOB showed CPT code 36415 with an allowable of $3 (charge was $13 from the dr office to draw blood). Medicare paid $3. It shows that the patient is not responsible for the rest of the balance. So it looks like you may bill the insurance company, but not the patient. Hope this helped.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join